Saturday, December 19, 2009

Front Door Pine Cones

Good afternoon. I don't even want to think about how long it's been since I've posted. My head is hanging low, I'm so sorry friends... I won't bore you with how busy we've been or how stressed I am, blah, blah, blah :) I will instead focus on how excited I am to see my girls faces on Christmas morning and how happy I will be to have almost two full weeks home from work and how hopeful I am that Mike and I have a super duper 2010!

Last year, Abie sold magazines for a fundraiser and I subscribed to Country Living. In the November issue this year, they showed the cutest project and I just fell in love with it. It was so easy to re-create. I cut eight two feet pieces of burgundy ribbon and hot glued them on to the backs of eight different pine cones. Then I gathered all of the ribbons up together, staggering them at different heights and tied all eight ribbons together into one knot. Then I trimmed the excess ribbon off and hung them on the door. I love the way it turned out. A little extra perk was that I used the cinnamon scented pine cones from Joann's so every time you open the front door it spells delicious!

Have a nice weekend friends!

Becky



No comments: