Thursday, November 12, 2009

Polka Dot Birthday Cherries!

Hello ladies! (and any gent who might be reading this!) Happy Thursday to you all. I have a quick post for you tonight, Abie is dying to get outside. So, after she finishes her homework, and I finish my post, we're headed out.

My card today is a cute little 4x4 card I whipped up for Abie's friend Paige who turned 8 this past weekend. Paige is a girly girl and I wanted to make something to reflect that girliness! I started with a black base and heat embossed big clear polka dots on the front. Then I layered on a pieces of Raspberry Fizz Bitty Dots Basics patterned paper. I stamped the cherry stems from Everyday Button Bits in New Leaf Green onto a piece of Basic Grey pale pink card stock which I trimmed into a scallop circle and added two Raspberry Fizz buttons. Rather than stitching the buttons on, I adhered a couple of Kaiser gems in pale pink to the button holes. Next to the stems, I stamped the happy and birthday words from PTI's Let Freedom Ring set. To add a bit of sparkle, I drew around the scallops with my Quickie Glue Pen and sprinkled on some of Martha's Crystal Fine glitter. I popped the circle up with a pop dot and added it to the card front. I punched a hole in the top of the card to run twine through to tie it to the package.






I hope you all have a fab-U-lous evening! Tomorrow is Friday!! Woo hoo!

No comments: