Monday, November 16, 2009

Merry Christmas Teacher

Howdy gals !! I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend !! I woke up to the news that we may get snow today......I'm not a cold weather creature and hate driving in bad weather ! So, to say the least, I was on edge all day. Luckily, it's been too warm here, so no snow....just rain !!

I'm so excited to share my little creation with you tonight.....I'm in full gear Christmas mode and this is by far one of my favorite things !! I started with a wooden embroidery hoop and inked up the edges to give it a darker hue. My original thought was to put the paper on the hoop just like fabric, but it was way to thick. I ended up adhering it to the back of both hoops.....kinda gives it a shadow box look:

I took a piece of white cardstock and ran it through the bug with swiss dots. I then took the vintage cream cardstock and sewed lines to give it a little dimension. The tree was cut with the bug and I added some flowersoft and stickles. I also added flowersoft to my landscape. Finally I heat embossed my sentiment from PTI and adhered with pop dots. Some red ribbon and lace to top it off !!


I think it turned out absolutely adorable and hope that Maddie's teacher thinks so too !!
Well, I smell popcorn and hear football, so that means the hubby is coming !! Have a warm night and we'll see ya soon !

No comments: