Thursday, November 19, 2009

Flower Hair Clips

Well, Stacy and I are on craft overload! We've spent the last few days pouring over websites and magazines and we're officially filled to the brim with craft! Has that ever happened to you? We are so inspired and have so many ideas that there just aren't enough hours in the day to create them! We both have long lists of things that we're trying to get done for the holidays so if we don't post every day you know why! :)

My project for today is one that was super simple but that turned out so great I'm sure to make it again and again. At the beginning of the school year I bought a bunch of clothes for the girls at Children's Place and their "theme" for fall was green, orange and brown. I made these little hair clips for them, and they perfectly match their clothes! I started with a Sizzix flower die and cut out four brown and four orange flowers, in four different sizes. (is that confusing or what?) The die has four different sizes on it so I just ran it through my Cuttlebug twice. Once for the orange and once for the brown. Then I layered two of the flowers together and sewed on a PTI New Leaf Vintage button with some brown embroidery thread. To finish off the metal edge of the clips, I glued on a little piece of brown satin ribbon. Then I simply adhered the flowers to the clips! These took no time at all to make and I can't wait to make more!

BTW, sorry about the picture. I was trying to focus in on the clip in my hand and it ended up flip flopping on me! Still, I think you get the idea. Have a great night!

Becky

No comments: