Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sweet little birthday card!

Hello all, it's Becky with you today. Stacy and I were busy checking the Papertrey Sneak Peeks last week and I fell in love with this card from Dawn McVey. It inspired me to try and make a plaid background. I never even thought of using ribbon stamps to get that look. Duh! :) I started out with a plain piece of white card stock that I stamped with a piece of "ribbon" from CTMHs Ritzy Ribbon set using a melon colored ink. After that dried a bit, I took the lined image from PTIs Let Freedom Ring set and stamped it the other direction with lime green ink. I used my circle Nestabilities to cut out a piece of the plaid and mounted it on some Melon Berry card stock which I had trimmed out with my scallop circle Nestablities. I took my white pen and placed a dot inside each scallop.

For my main image, I stamped a flower from Stampin' Up!s spots and dots (I think that's the name) on Spring Moss card stock and heat embossed it with white powder. I popped the image up with a pop dot and slid my sentiment underneath it. I then mounted the whole thing to a 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 piece of Spring Moss card stock. Finally, at the bottom, I added a small piece of Melon Berry card stock which I punched with on of my EK Success punches. Wow, that's a lot of steps for such a little card! I hope you have a great night!



No comments: