Saturday, September 12, 2009

St. Louis...finally!

Good evening dears, it's Becky with you tonight! Do you ever have one of those projects that you know you need to complete but you're totally not excited about it? That's how I've been with our St. Louis scrapbook. I've had the supplied for awhile now but it was just sitting down and doing it, ya know? The way I like to do these types of books, themed albums that is, is to buy a paper pack and go to town! That way everything goes with everything. I also try to keep the layouts super simple, with one or two patterned papers cut to the same size and just mix and match them throughout the book.

This first picture is of the cover of my book. I purchased a Pioneer fabric album in black, 8x8 size and trimmed a picture of The Arch to fit in the window on the front.
The first page you see is the title page. I bought a DCWV Citrus Stack card stock pack in 8x8 size and used this sort of metallic red as a base. Then I cut out a U from my All Mixed Up Cricut cartridge in grey and flipped it upside down to simulate The Arch, genius I tell ya! :) Then I just cut out letters from a bright blue card stock from the same pack, I believe it was my Learning Curve cartridge, and popped them up with pop dots. Pretty simple but it gets the point across!

On to the inside. I purchased the DCWV Citrus Stack patterned paper and trimmed pieces to 3 1/2 x7 and 2 1/2x5. Then I just played around with them and the pictures. I finished my pages off with little bullet journaling statements. Overall I'd say this album took me several hours to complete. Not too bad and the best part is, it's done!
Well, I'm outta here for tonight. Mike took the kids out to play and I'm right behind them!



No comments: