Thursday, August 20, 2009

Damask Designs

Hello friends! It's Becky with you this morning. Did you check out Stacy's card yesterday??? How 'bout them apples! Lol! Seriously I love the glossy accents on them makes them look good enough to eat! My card today is using the "new to me" Damask Designs. Ever since Dawn McVey released this set over at PTI, I liked it. Every month when Stacy and I would put an order in, I would talk myself out of buying saying "you'll get it next month". Well, I finally did it! I purchased it a few weeks ago, when we got our button haul, and I absolutely love it!

The card I made for today started out with a charcoal grey base, cut to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. I used my Versamark pad to stamp row after row of the small Damask pattern. Then I heat embossed it with clear powder. I added a Raspberry Fizz scalloped strip along the right side and layered a piece of Spring Moss cardstock over that, which I stamped my sentiment on. Then I placed some thin, 1/4", black grosgrain ribbon. To finish this card, I stamped the large Damask piece on Raspberry Fizz with my Versamagic pad and again heat embossed with clear powder. I then trimmed the piece out and popped it up with some pop dots.

I hope you guys have a good day and I'll see you on Saturday!

No comments: