Monday, July 13, 2009

A Card Ya Can't "Resist" !!

Ok......the title was a little corny !! lol Stacy here tonight....warn out and ready for bed !! Mondays are such a drag sometimes hee hee !!

This card was for the 3rd CHF Summer Challenge. We had to use a resist technique of sorts. Well, I've never resisted anything (almost) and tried my hand at emboss resist.

The first step was to run my paper through the Cuttlebug with this embossing folder that surprisingly matched my paper !! After that, I decided to watercolor the raised image. Step 3 was to rub my embossing pad over the image and heat emboss. Last but not least was to gently rub the entire image with brown ink and wipe away. This left my raised images nice and shiny. I can't say I would do this again, but I like the technique !! Do you like my flower ??? I cut out 3 different sizes of scalloped circles with the Cuttlebug. I then cut every two indents (does that make sense ??) I rolled the cut edges around a pencil and secured them all together with a button. I really like how it turned out and you'll probably see more of this from me !!

Alright, kids are waiting on snacks and drinks........Stacy signing out.........




No comments: