Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Teacher Gift for Halloween

Well hello there strangers! It's been an entire week since I posted last and my only excuse is that things have been a bit crazy around our house lately! Today's project is a jumbo clothespin I embellished for Abie's teacher. I bought the clothespin in the Dollar Spot at Target, last year. I purchased several of them, all in orange, and used up all of them, or so I thought!

This was super simple to alter. I just trimmed some Basic Grey June Bug paper to fit the front and back and adhered using my Xyron sticker maker. Then I simply created a little tag for the front.

I trimmed out a squarish shape in navy blue and rounded the corners on one end. The other end got the Upper Crest treatment. I stamped some of the flower images from PTI's Green Thumb, using Versamagic ink and then heat embossed with clear powder. I wrapped some vintage trim around the tag a couple of times and tied on a little Kraft colored tag which I stamped the word "smile" on in Orange Zest. I finished off the tag with a little orange polka dotted doggie from some more Basic Grey June Bug, which I trimmed out with scissors and glittered up with Martha Stewart glitter.

I thought this turned out so cute and I'd love to have a little happy note holder on my desk, wouldn't you? Have a fun night!

No comments: