Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Grandma's Glittery Birthday!

Greetings and salutations! I come to you with a quick post this evening as I'm up to my elbows in Christmas decorations. I've gotten the second floor done, after an accident involving a broken snow globe and some mildewed ornaments. So this evening, I've moved on to the first floor, which I've begun but am no where near finished with!

If you remember, a few weeks ago, I was going to my Grandma Mary's 80th birthday party. She was joking around that she was turning 40 and made a big deal out of no one mentioning that it was her 80th birthday. So, to honor her wishes :), I made her a 40th birthday card. I tried a few new things on this card, for starters, I used my Top Note die to cut out that orange felt. It went through my Cuttlebug like butta! Then I adhered some wide brown lace to the bottom and adhered the entire piece on the front and over to the back of the card. I had an old Prima flower I wanted to use but it was too peachy for that orange Top Note, so I smothered it in Martha Stewart glitter! For the 40, I trimmed those out with my Alpahlicious cartridge and smothered them in gold Martha glitter. I used sentiments from PTI's Life and hand wrote the "th".
Here's a (blurry) close up picture of the card. With all that glitter and bulk, I actually gave the card to Grandma in a cellophane bag.
All right, I'm off to decorate some more! Have a great night:)

No comments: