Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Yes, more Christmas tags!

Good afternoon! Well, I'm a bit down today. Mike got some stinky news at work. He's still got a job, which we're so grateful for. Luckily, we have a strong a relationship and have been through worse and still persevered so I'm confident that we'll get through this too. We have two healthy happy little girls, a warm home to come to at night and great family and friends. No one can take that from us, and that's what's really important in life right? :) On a happier note, I've spent the last several "nap times" working on these Christmas tags for the girls. I just love the way they turned out!

I started with dark green and dark red card stock which I trimmed into tags from my Bags, Tags, Boxes and more cartridge. I did 3 3/4 and 3 1/4 inch tags. Then I stamped the background with PTI's Background Basics Text in Chestnut Roan. I used a bit of Vintage Cream ink around the edges. Then I trimmed a bit of Making Memories and Basic Grey patterned paper to fit. I trimmed the edge of the patterned paper with my Fiskars and EK Success border punches. After layering that on, I cut out one of the stocking images from Christmas cartridge in Kraft colored card stock. I stamped each of the stockings with snowflakes from that darn Joann's stamp set that I STILL don't know the manufacturer! I used Scarlet Jewel and Ripe Avocado ink.
I finished off the stocking by layering on some patterned paper and a little jingle bell.

Lastly, I trimmed out 1" tags on my Cricut and attached them to the brown ribbon with the girls' names on them. I just love these tags and think they're going to look great under the tree!
I hope you all have a great evening and kindness in your heart. Remember, your actions effect other people in ways you may not know. It's not nice to be mean.






No comments: