Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Purplicious

Good afternoon friends! I have a fun card to share with you today, but first let me tell you how it came about. A couple of weeks ago, a friend at work had this fabulous purple nail polish. Now I know you're probably think purple? Seriously? But this is not just any purple nail polish, it's Purplicious and it's every bit of purpley goodness that you can imagine! Lol! I obsessed over it for two days with her and finally she said, "do you want me to get you a bottle?" I said, "of course!" So last week, I came into my office and opened my top desk drawer and there was a cute little package waiting for me, all dressed up in brown paper towels and tied together with rubber bands! I was so excited, it was my own bottle of Ruby Kisses Purplicious nail polish! Now the funny thing about this purple situation is that I have NEVER liked purple, so much so that I wouldn't buy anything purple and wouldn't even let our first/oldest daughter wear purple. Over the years, I've embraced purple and have actually grown to like the color! So, in honor of the Purplicious polish, I created the following thank you card for my friend!

I started with a 4 x 4 card base in PTI's Lavender Moon. I stamped the bottom half with one of the background images from Damask Designs and heat embossed it with black embossing powder. Next, I layered on a piece of Plum Pudding which I stamped with polka dots and heat embossed with clear embossing powder and punched the edge with my EK Success Upper Crest punch. Then I layered on a black grosgrain ribbon and a strip of sparkly Martha Stewart glitter at the top. To finish this card off, I stamped my sentiment in Plum Pudding on Lavender Moon, trimmed it into the shape of a flag and added some purple rhinestones!
Here's a closer look of the card, if you look closer, you can see that sparkly strip of glitter at the top!
Paper: PTI Plum Pudding and Lavender Moon
Ink: Versamagic and PTI Plum Pudding
Stamps: Heidi Swapp Polka Dots, PTI Damask Designs and PTI Mega Mixed Messages
Other: Martha Stewart glitter, ribbon and rhinestones from stash
Hope you have a good day!




No comments: