Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Christmas already???

I know that's what you're saying! I must confess, I watched White Christmas and Home Alone this weekend AND I busted out the Christmas CD's in my car this morning! I can't help it. Every year, after the holidays, I'm so ready to take all the decorations down and I think I'll never do it again but sure enough, October rolls around and the bug gets me!

Last year I wrapped all of our Christmas gifts in white paper with gold bows and I made simple little tags in dark green. My sister liked the tags and said she was looking for something like them. I thought I'd make some for her this year, as they are so simple. Now Jennie's presents are wrapped in a combination of red, white and silver. I cut out various shaped tags using my Bags, Tags, Boxes and More cartridge in 3" to 3 1/2". Then I went crazy stamping them! I used several stamp sets, inks and embossing powder too. Below are a sample of the red tags I made with white embossing powder. I love the way they turned out.

Here is a sample of a white tag I made with the image stamped in red and then I went over it with my glue pad and sprinkled some ultra sparkly Martha Stewart glitter over it. I just need to pick up some thin silver ribbon to attach to each tag to finish them off.
Really simple project but gives it that nice personal touch! I also made tags for our gifts which I'll share on Wednesday! Have an awesome night!




No comments: