Friday, September 25, 2009

Off the subject..............

Tonight I just didn't feel like making a card or gift bag or anything !! Becky and I have started embroidery and I've kinda been addicted this week. I've completed 3 tea towels and as soon as I'm done with the 4th, I'm gonna try my hand at a rag quilt !! So don't be surprised if something not in the shape of a card pops up lol

So instead of a crafty post tonight, I'd like to share one of my newest favorite recipes. When Matt and I were on our little vacation, the Innkeeper made these awesome egg blossoms for us. OMG !! They are wonderful and so super simple !! You have to try them out---they are addictive !!

*note: I always cut my pound of bacon in half and this recipe is for one blossom. It works with any amount you choose to make

Egg Blossoms

1 egg

3 strips turkey bacon

Heavy whippping cream (as needed)

Italian seasoning

Pam

To make:

  • Preheat oven to 350
  • Spray muffin tin with Pam
  • Arrange 3 pieces of bacon criss crossing in muffin tin
  • Break egg into center
  • Add enough heavy whipping cream to fill the cup
  • Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning on top
  • Bake for 20 minutes

How simple was that ??? If you decide to use regular bacon instead of turkey, just arrange the bacon like above and bake for 10 minutes before you add the rest of the ingredients. Non-turkey bacon needs a little more cookin' so that it does not come out too raw.

I hope you try it out !! I promise you will love it as much as we do !! Have a great weekend gals !



No comments: