Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Owl-oween!

It's cool here this morning and if you close your eyes, you would almost believe that it was Halloween! I LOVE it! Today's card is one I made last year after seeing an example in Archiver's flyer. After getting the flyer in the mail, Stacy and I ran up there one day and I was on a search for the Halloween Owl stamp set from Hero Arts. Stacy and I searched and searched and couldn't find them anywhere. We made a trip around the whole store and I was so disappointed that I couldn't find the stamps. I even asked one of the employees if they had the stamp set in, after all, it was in the flyer. Well, while the employee assured me they didn't have any, Stacy, The Magnificent, found the elusive stamp set!!!! I could have kissed her! They were hiding on the bottom row and we had both missed them somehow!

So, on to my card! It's a total copy of the one from Archiver's. I started with a black base and layered on white card stock with a pumpkin colored piece I cut out from a scalloped rectangle nestablities die. Below that, I layered on another small piece of pumpkin card stock. Then, I stamped my Owl Witch onto white card stock and colored her in with watercolor crayons. I adhered her to the pumpkin rectangle and layered a piece of acetate around the whole card which I attached with a piece of orange ribbon. To finish it off I stamped my sentiment on top of the acetate, lining it up with the pumpkin rectangle below.
Here's a closer picture with the acetate held up.


I hope you have a great day, wherever you may be and that you're enjoying you're weather, whatever it might be!



No comments: