Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Napkin Rings

It's Becky with you today and I have a couple of things to say. First off, I didn't get any organizing done Saturday. :( I got down to my scraproom and realized, I don't have room for my new shelves. What's a girl to do when she doesn't have room for new shelves? The same thing a girl does when she's finds a great pair of shoes on sale that don't match anything she owns. She buys a new outfit to match the shoes, right? Since my shelves don't fit, I have to make room for them which means, I have to re-arrange my room and buy a new scrap table. If you know me at all, you know I love to change things around. Even if they're perfectly fine the way they are! :) Mike and I will be working on the new table over the next two months and when it's done, then, hopefully, I'll post pictures! :) Second of all, after reading Saturday's post I realized I say "so" way too much! Thirdly, I'm super excited for tonight. After dinner, I'm heading over to Stacy's to craft the night away! Finally, today's project!

In May, when PTI came out with the Let Freedom Ring set, I knew I had to have it. Largely in part to Lisa Johnson's post here. I loved the napkin rings she made and thought they would be a really easy way to add some patriotic flare to our bash! I stamped each of the round images from the set onto white card stock, punched them out with my 1 1/2 inch circle punch and adhered them onto pinked circles from my Accent Essentials cartridge for my Cricut. Then I cut a piece of patterned paper to 1" by 4" and stuck my circle embellishments to the middle. Finally I wrapped the whole piece around my rolled plasticware!

Here's a close up of the napkin rings and you can see the patterned paper here. It looked like an old faded red and white checkered table cloth. In the center of the stamped image, I adhered a rustic wood button from PTI.


I hope you have a great night! I know Stacy and I will!

No comments: