Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Father's Day #1

Hey all, Becky here with you tonight! Two things, first, I have a problem. It's not one I like to discuss in mixed company, but I'm willing to open up here, on our blog. Are you ready? Here goes...I can't make masculine cards. There, I said it. Whew, that feels good to get it off my chest! I've been putting off working on my Father's Day cards because I have such a hard time with them. So the card I'm sharing tonight is for my dad. He's a Harley guy, as is my husband, and I have had this paper for quite some time from EK Success. The paper is a 12x12 sheet with silver flames and a bar and shield with wings down in the lower right hand corner. So I trimmed the paper to fit on my black card base with the bar and shield showing. Which brings me to the second issue. Plain and simple. Have you ever made a card that is soooooo plain and simple that you worry there's not enough on it? That was my problem with this card. After adhering the patterned paper with pop dots, I couldn't figure out what else to put on it. I thought it looked okay. Very simple but it's for my dad, who's a simple guy. So, I just trimmed some white cardstock for the inside of the card and wrote "Happy Father's Day" and called it a night! Hope you have better luck with masculine cards than I!
Here's a close up picture of my simple card!



No comments: