Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Goodbye 2009.................

It's hard to believe that another year has passed. This has been a trying year for a lot of people, losing loved ones, money crunches, losing jobs.........I know that 2010 will bring hope and compassion and each of us helping those around us. It's a time to start fresh--try new ideas, get rid of old habits, make our little spots a better place.

I've been thinking a lot the last few weeks of things I want to improve upon. I don't make resolutions.....like diets, they rarely work !! I want to be in a better place this time next year and I have a lot of changes to make in order to get there. I'm one of the lucky ones---I have a wonderful family, a good job & no issues providing for my family. What I want to do for this next year is get back to the simple life. I want to make more homemade products, I want to learn to can, I want to learn how to sew better (lol...this'll be a challenge !!)

I want to teach my children what's really important in life.

Happiness.

Expensive clothes, shoes, cars are not important to me. (confession: I DO have a Dooney fetish !!) I want my children to be themselves and not try to be like others just because of what they have. I feel sorry for some of the children I see that are emotionally wrecked at such a young age because they weren't taught about the really important things in life. Do you think anyone is going to remember the car you drove when you took them to soccer practice? Nope......they'll remember that you TOOK them to practice and watched every game and cheered. That's what's important.

Happiness. It starts with us. We have to do the things that make us happy. That's what I want to do. You may see some crazy posts from me in the upcoming year, but I promise to pass on only the good tips and tricks, not the ones that didn't quite work out !!

So, I hope that all of you can see the positive in the year to come. Do some things that make you happy. Surround yourself with the people YOU want to be around. Experiment, have fun, have faith, have compassion.

Most of all, I hope you find happiness !!

Happy New Year !!

No comments: