Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fall Thanks

Good Saturday morning friends! How are you today? Things are great around our house. It's going to be a beautiful day, Mike is getting out on the Harley with our neighbor and I'm heading down to the school so the girls can play in this awesome weather! Last night our sweet new neighbors had us over for dinner and I made this pumpkin bread to give them as a thank you. Of course I couldn't just hand them the bread, I had to make a cute little tag to go with it. You should have seen me last night, I rushed downstairs and was trying to whip this tag out before we had to be at their house by 6! The end result...I love but it looks like a tornado blew through my craft room! LOL!

On to the tag! I used some older My Mind's Eye two sided patterned paper and trimmed out a rectangle which I then rounded the corners on. Then I stamped the more solid side of the paper with Vintage Cream ink and the smallest script in Background Basics Text. I hadn't used this font yet because I thought it looked too tiny but I LOVE IT and will definitely be using it again! Next I layered on a piece of the patterned side of the paper that measured slightly wider than the tag and I punched the edge with my Upper Crest punch and I tied some Rustic Twine around the other end. While all this was going on, I set my Expression to trim out the leaves and acorns from the Doodlecharms Cartridge in 2". I placed three different colors of paper on my mat and the images were ready to go in a jiffy! After trimming them out, I spritzed them with some Glimmer Mist, which I bought years ago, but had only used once. I've seen a lot of people using Glimmer Mist lately and thought I'd give it a try. You know what? I LOVED IT too! :) I popped up the images with pop dots, after drying the glimmer mist with my heat tool and finished up the tag with a Mega Mixed Messages sentiment stamped in Vintage Cream.

I loved the way this tag turned out, especially on such a tight deadline, and thought it was the perfect tag for a little loaf of pumpkin bread!

I hope you have a great weekend!

Becky



No comments: