Saturday, October 10, 2009

Birthday Cupcakes!

Happy Saturday! I'm coming to you from our kitchen island as Mike makes biscuits for breakfast! Am I a lucky girl or what? :) We don't have a lot going on this weekend, just trying to stay warm. It's 38 out this morning and the news said we might have a stray SNOWFLAKE this afternoon!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love the cooler weather but I'm no where near ready for snow! Looks like I'll be spending the next three days (woo hoo for Monday's holiday) in my scrap room, crafting away! On to today's creation...

I'm big on layers. I love to layer lots of stuff on my cards and projects, mainly because it's an easy was to cover up mistakes! LOL! So this card was a big step for me. I tried to go simple. My card base is 4 1/2 x 4 1/2, white. I then trimmed the cupcakes and candles from my Cricut Doodlecharms Cartridge, I have gotten so much use out of that one. After gluing all the little cupcake pieces together, I adhered the middle one to the center of my card with a pop dot and then added the two pink cupcakes on each side. Then I stamped my sentiment from Mega Mixed Messages and added pink and green stickles to my cupcakes for a little sparkle.

Here's a close up of the popped up green cupcake. I love how you can see the sprinkles!

Hope you all have a nice weekend. I'll see you on Tuesday!




No comments: