Saturday, August 29, 2009

Manly Birthday

Don't you just love Saturday mornings? I think it might be my most favorite time of the week. The whole weekend is spread out before you just waiting. It's Becky with you today with a fun manly card I made for my brother-in-law, Chris. His birthday was last Tuesday. Chris is a hunter. Over the last 20 plus years that I've known him, he has "hunted" most everything that is "huntable"! From the obvious deer to the not so obvious, ground hogs! I made a card similar to this one back in July, for my grandad's birthday, but the pictures I took just didn't come out very good so I never posted it.

I first stamped the tree and squirrel from Kim Hughes' Spring Trees set which I picked up from Cornish Heritage Farms. I stamped them in Versamagic black ink and immediately heat embossed the images with clear embossing powder. This way, when I went to color my images in, I wouldn't smear the ink. After they set for a bit, I colored them in with my Bic Mark It's. I'm a little intimidated by Copics and have found the Bic Mark It's work well for me, especially on that ultra thick PTI card stock! After coloring in my images, I trimmed around them and then got to work on my base. I layered a piece of New Leaf card stock, which I had stamped with the awesome Text Background stamp from PTI ,with my Colorbox Chalk Ink in Chestnut Roan. Then I used the same ink to distress my edges. On top of the New Leaf, I trimmed out a piece of wood grain patterned paper from the DCWV Green Stack. To add a little somthin' I punched the edge with my Spiral Tab Punch from Stampin' Up! Before adhering those pieces to the card base, I wrapped them with some Rustic Jute Button Twine from PTI and a little Rustic Wood Button. Then I simply popped up my colored images added my sentiment, from Autumn Abundance. I hope you all have an awesome weekend! It's supposed to be in the 40's here tonight, unheard of for this time of year, and I can't wait! I'll see ya on Tuesday.



1 comment:

Dawn Cosgrove said...

Great card! I always struggle with "manly" cards!! Thanks for the ideas :)