Thursday, July 23, 2009

Quacky Card

I can't believe it's already Thursday! Monday and Tuesday dragged on forever but now it's almost the weekend! Yipee! I'm going to the Bored Housewives Card Club tonight at our local scrapbook store, Stacy is unable to attend due to a scheduling error (thanks Matt, now I have to go alone!) I'm picking up a kit for Stacy though and we'll be sharing those cards later on. My card tonight is an itty bitty thing I made for Abie. She had a rough day last week and I made this to cheer her up.

The card measures 2 1/2 by 6 and I scored it at 3". I started out with the duck from Stampin' Up!s Animal Crackers which I stamped with Versamagic black ink. Then I heat embossed it with clear powder so I could color and not get those ugly black marks. I knew I wanted to use blue and yellow papers and found these two in my Basic Grey Two Scoops pack but I felt bad cutting up a 12x12 sheet for these two little strips. To keep myself from feeling guilty, I cut up the cover sheet, you know the one on the front of the package with all the samples of paper on it, and used two strips. I trimmed the ends to look like little flags and then stuck them to my base. I finished it off by adhering a blue button, with some twine, to my stamped image and popping it up on a pop dot!

Abie loved the card and in turn made me a card that said "you're the greatest, from your first child." Lol!

No comments: