Thursday, June 18, 2009

Banner Birthday Card

Becky here today and it is HOT! We have a thermometer on our front porch, which is in the shade, and it say 91. It's really humid though so it feels like it's about 100-105! Today's card is of the birthday variety. I used a ruler to create four triangles on some scrap Crate Paper I had and then adhered them to some Making Memories black floss. Then I embellished the banner with some bits of ribbon, Rustic Wood Buttons from PTI and even a tiny paper photo turn. I adhered the whole banner to my Kraft card stock, stamped my Mixed Messages from PTI sentiment and then attached it to my white card base. This card is bigger than I normally make, 5 3/4 by 6 3/4.
Here's a side view of the card:

and the inside view:

I simply adhered a strip of Crate Paper with some more Rustic Wood Buttons and PTI twine and then stamped my sentiment, from PTI's Life set. Enjoy you're evening!



1 comment:

emilymomto3boys said...

This is adorable! I've not mastered the button thing yet....I buy them, and then they sit there cause I never think they look right on my cards. I am determined to make them work though...