Thursday, May 28, 2009

End of Year Gift

Becky here today! Abie's last day of first grade was yesterday. She was so excited, wearing her new dress, fresh faced and ready to take on the world, as a second grader. I was devastated. I can't believe how fast she's growing up. This year she has done so well with her reading and writing. It amazes me that she's reading chapter books and writing her own stories. Since we were so proud of her, Mike thought it would be a good idea to get her a little gifty. He picked up some pearl stud earrings and I made this little box to put them in. I used my Bags, Tags, Boxes and More cartridge for my Expression and used the fit to page feature on a 12x12 size piece of orange cardstock. It cut the flower box at 8 3/4. After assembling the box, I trimmed the patterned paper and adhered it to the sides of the box. I then stamped the Learn stamp on white cardstock and attached it to a scallop circle cut out on navy cardstock with my nestabilities. I'm not sure what brand the patterned paper is but I know I got it at Archiver's and the stamp is from Autumn Leaves. Hope you have a great night!



No comments: