Thursday, April 9, 2009

Prima Egg

Good evening, it's Becky today with a project I've been sooooo excited about! I got the idea for this egg from here. I bought a package of styrofoam eggs from Hobby Lobby, I think it was around $3, and then covered it in Prima Flowers, held in place with quilting pins. It was so easy and I absolutely LOVE how it turned out. Oh, and if you're interested in the "hand crafted, one of a kind pottery dish" the egg is sitting in, Abie has offered to make these and sell them ;)
So, to package these babies up, I cut out the square box from Bags, Tags, Boxes and more cartridge on my Expression and used the Fit to Page feature. It cut the boxes at 8 3/4 which turned out to be the perfect size to hold the eggs. I also used the window feature and prior to assembling the box, I adhered a small square of acetate. For the tags, I stamped the image and embossed with Ranger Sea Foam embossing powder and cut it out with my Scalloped Circle Nestabilites. I made a total of five of these for different people and I hope they love them as much as I do!



1 comment:

Godelieve said...

Lovely Easter decorations!!